- Last day to get in your steering committee applications! docs.google.com/forms/d/1dHW_t… 6 months ago
- Spend some time this weekend with our steering committee application! We'd love to have you onboard! Due June 7! docs.google.com/forms/d/1dHW_t… 6 months ago
- We hit 1,000 likes on FB! Join our steering committee to help us expand our reach! #artsleaders #pittsburgh… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 months ago
- We're looking for awesome steering committee members to join us for the 2017-2018 year! Apply now! docs.google.com/forms/d/1dHW_t… 6 months ago
Connecting emerging arts managers with skill-building and leadership development resources.
Diversity in the arts is ____________
October 23, 2012Posted by on
Thank you to everyone who attended and supported last night’s Creative Conversation on “Cultivating Diversity” at the Union Project! We know there was a lot going on last night, but it was clear by our large crowd of 46 participants that this was a topic of great importance to our local arts community. I was honored to be on the panel with such smart, impressive people–Joseph Hall, Bee Schindler, and Alecia Shipman–and facilitated by our own local expert on the issue, Chase Patterson.
As an educator, I’m big on takeaways, or what people are taking away from the event. I totally want to hear what your takeaways from the night are, and to get the conversation started, here are some “big ideas” that I left with:
Diversity in the arts is _________
- Relevant (and relevancy)
- not a “one night stand” marketing push
- finding bridges and advocates
- from the top-down in leadership
- all about the programming, both of the art and the value-added pieces
- recognition and acknowledgement of your gaps
- practicing what you preach
What is your answer to the statement, “Diversity in the arts is ________”?
What ideas or questions are still percolating?
What topics or issues weren’t addressed last night that you wish we would have touched upon?