- Thanks @SenBobCasey and @SenToomey for meeting with the PA delegation this morning! #artsadvocacy 3 months ago
- PEAL is on the hill, ready to advocate! #artsadvocacy https://t.co/IdMuggQW9m 3 months ago
- RT @Americans4Arts: "Advocacy is an every day occurrence. Arts orgs should make it a part of their mission—it's the cost of doing business.… 3 months ago
- Capping off the day with the 31st annual Nancy Hanks Lecture on Arts and Public Policy! https://t.co/BW4pKPnSTl 3 months ago
Connecting emerging arts managers with skill-building and leadership development resources.
Pittsburgh Delegation to the 2011 One Young World Summit September 1-4, 2011 – Zurich, Switzerland
June 16, 2011Posted by on
Hope you all will consider applying for this remarkable opportunity!
Pittsburgh Delegation to the 2011 One Young World Summit
September 1-4, 2011 – Zurich, Switzerland
Bringing together and connecting the best and brightest young leaders from around the globe to address major global challenges
The One Young World Pittsburgh Partnership invites young professionals from Pittsburgh’s not-for-profit community to apply to participate in the 2011 One Young World Summit in Zurich, Switzerland, from September 1 through 4, 2011. Launched in 2010 in London, One Young World is the premier global forum for young leaders from around the world. One hundred highly recognized global corporations sponsored or sent young leaders to the conference, which has been referred to by CNN as the “Young Davos.”
More than 1,600 delegates under the age of 30 are expected to attend the 2011 Summit. Participants are selected through a nomination process by global leaders from the private sector, government, and the non-profit sector in each of the world’s 192 countries. One Young World convenes the best and brightest from the “successor generation” from around the world to discuss the most pressing global challenges – and to develop solutions to meet those challenges. The goal is to develop a global network and to ensure that the concerns and opinions of the next generation of decision-makers and opinion leaders are heard.
Pittsburgh has been selected by One Young World as the sole U.S. bid city to host the 2012 Summit, and the One Young World Pittsburgh Partnership wants to field a strong delegation at the 2011 Summit in Zurich. The World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh is coordinating with other southwestern Pennsylvania organizations to sponsor five delegates to attend the Zurich event. Candidates interested in applying must be between 21 and 28 years of age and should be affiliated with an area non-profit. Successful candidates will be team players who demonstrate leadership potential, and who have the ability to grasp complex concepts and provide valuable insights, as well as a commitment to cultural diversity. They should show an interest in global affairs and in helping define Pittsburgh’s place in the world.
To apply, candidates must:
- Complete the registration form
- Submit a personal statement (of no more than one page in length) which outlines what the candidate can contribute at the Summit and how the candidate hopes to benefit personally and professionally from attending the Summit.
- Provide a current resume and/or narrative biography.
- Submit two letters of reference from people who can assess the candidate’s personal and professional qualities. (Ideally, one letter should be from an employer and one from the leader of an area non-profit.)
- Agree to use Social Media to share experiences during and after the Summit.
- Candidates should email their application to email@example.com by Friday, June 24, 2011.
Candidates will be notified if they have been selected by Monday, July 15, 2011.
For more information about One Young World, please see http://www.oneyoungworld.com.
For more information about being a part of Pittsburgh’s delegation to the One Young World Summit in Zurich, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The One Young World Pittsburgh Partnership is a consortium of local companies, non-profits, and community organizations which are working together to bring One Young World to Pittsburgh in 2012. The founding partners include the Allegheny Conference on Community Development, Euro RSCG Worldwide PR, VisitPittsburgh, and the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh.
More information: http://www.worldpittsburgh.org/oyw.jsp