Connecting emerging arts managers with skill-building and leadership development resources.
Who in Pittsburgh is Doing Innovative Arts Stuff?
The Emerging Leader Council of Americans for the Arts is looking for the best and brightest thinkers and doers in the Pittsburgh community. We’re looking for great examples of innovative, on-the-ground projects or initiatives that deserve wider attention because of their potential to serve as a model for the rest of us. Tell us about something that someone in your community is doing that’s new, inspiring, and unique, and we may be able to get people talking about it!
Here are some examples of the kinds of things we have in mind:
- An arts group that’s experimenting with an exciting new business model
- An artist who is engaging with the broader (non-arts) community in creative ways
- A new technology or innovation that has the potential to change how artists or arts organizations do their work
- A programming strategy that is reaching radically different or underserved audiences – sustainably
- A whole different way of conceptualizing what an arts organization can be, look like, or do
If you think of something fantastic that doesn’t fit into the boxes above, though, don’t worry – tell us anyway! We are collecting ideas throughout the spring and early summer, with the goal of producing in-depth profiles on a selection of exciting projects and distributing them through various national channels in the second half of the year. To nominate a person, organization, or initiative for consideration, please tell us in your own words the following information:
1. What the project or innovation is
2. What is AWESOME about it
3. Who’s responsible for it (with contact information please!)
4. What lessons the rest of the field can learn or take away from it
Send your answers to David Seals at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 3!