- Last day to get in your steering committee applications! docs.google.com/forms/d/1dHW_t… 6 months ago
- Spend some time this weekend with our steering committee application! We'd love to have you onboard! Due June 7! docs.google.com/forms/d/1dHW_t… 6 months ago
- We hit 1,000 likes on FB! Join our steering committee to help us expand our reach! #artsleaders #pittsburgh… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 months ago
- We're looking for awesome steering committee members to join us for the 2017-2018 year! Apply now! docs.google.com/forms/d/1dHW_t… 6 months ago
Connecting emerging arts managers with skill-building and leadership development resources.
Upcoming Event: The State of Arts Education!
March 18, 2011Posted by on
Wednesday, April 20, 5-8 pm
August Wilson Center, 980 Liberty Avenue, Downtown
Register Online or call 412.394.3353
Join the Pittsburgh Emerging Arts Leaders for an evening of networking and an engaging panel discussion about the state of arts education. Get an insider’s look at the current state of arts education through the eyes of local arts, foundation, and policy representatives. The current economic climate has led to many changes in the way in which arts education is presented, funded, and managed. The priorities of funders and arts education policy makers are shifting and arts educators have to adapt to these changes or risk funding cuts in their programs.
5 pm Drink, Food and Mingling
6 pm Panel Discussion
- Jackie Walker, University of Pittsburgh Juris Doctorate Student
- Jordan Crosby, Director, Arts and Education Initiative, The Education & Policy Leadership Center
- Jamie Kasper, Associate Director, Arts Education Collaborative
- Justin Laing, Program Officer, The Heinz Endowments
- Nicole Dezelon, Associate Curator of Education, The Andy Warhol Museum
This event is hosted by the Pittsburgh Emerging Arts Leaders Network, and is open to people of all ages and work experience who are interested in the conversation. Visit ProArtsTickets to register online, or call 412.394.3353.
Tickets are $8 in advance / $10 at door.