- Thanks @SenBobCasey and @SenToomey for meeting with the PA delegation this morning! #artsadvocacy 4 days ago
- PEAL is on the hill, ready to advocate! #artsadvocacy https://t.co/IdMuggQW9m 4 days ago
- RT @Americans4Arts: "Advocacy is an every day occurrence. Arts orgs should make it a part of their mission—it's the cost of doing business.… 4 days ago
- Capping off the day with the 31st annual Nancy Hanks Lecture on Arts and Public Policy! https://t.co/BW4pKPnSTl 5 days ago
Connecting emerging arts managers with skill-building and leadership development resources.
Apply for a Scholarship to the AFTA Conference…in San Diego!
March 15, 2011Posted by on
This is a reminder that scholarship applications for the Americans for the Arts Annual Convention in San Diego, CA – June 16 – 18, 2011 are due this Friday, March 18, 2011 by 5pm EST/2pm PST. There are three types of scholarships this year:
- Emerging Leader Scholarships – Full Scholarship that includes registration, travel, and 3-nights in the convention hotel
- Rural & Underserved Community Scholarships – Full Scholarship that includes registration, travel, and 3-nights in the convention hotel
- Registration Scholarships – Partial Scholarship that includes registration
Click Here for the Guidelines and Application Form
These scholarships are applicable to the main part of the convention, and do not include pre-conferences. Selection announcements will be made by April 15, 2011, and all recipients will have until April 29 (Early Bird Registration Deadline) in order to register and accept.
These scholarships are only available to professional members of Americans for the Arts. Please feel free to share this opportunity with your community and networks, but do let them know that they will have to join Americans for the Arts if they would like to apply and are not yet members.
I hope many of you will take advantage of this opportunity. I am managing the scholarship process this year, so please feel free to reply to me directly if you have any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stephanie Evans Hanson
Local Arts Agency Program Coordinator
Americans for the Arts
1000 Vermont Ave., NW — 10th Floor
Washington D.C., 20005
T – 202-371-2830 ext. 2036